Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Uses for theater seats?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    After seeing MomtoJillian's splendid photos of the theater seats in her thread, and reading how Bren's son said they would be good for a spaceship, I'm wondering what other uses the seats might have.

    I'm all into reusable. The more options, the more cost-effective, the more play value. I've been hesitating on the theater seats because they are so expensive. It would cost $160 just for four units for a mini theater.

    However, if the seats can be used for other things, that might not be so bad.

    Perhaps car seats, as in making a cardboard box car around the seats?
    A row of seats for a church pew?
    Spaceship or airplane seats?
    An amusement park ride?
    Any other ideas?

    Julia

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 06, 2006 05:21 PM: Message edited by: JuliaAM ]</font>

  2. #2
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    Great ideas! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
    How about train seats! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member agmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2006
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, train seats! That's exactly what I was thinking. Kit and Ruthie can go on an adventure. Man........I think I need to get those seats, now! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MareUnwritten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2006
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great suggestions! I'd just like to get them because I think they will be perfect for the entertainment room we're converting the largest room in our basement too, which will also be the space where I make doll "rooms" for all my American Girls. I'm thinking one wall, ceiling to floor filled with rooms...mostly the historical girls bedrooms and then their table sets...and then other displays for my AGOTs and Bitties. I can picture the TV on another wall, then on a shelf over it Molly's theater and two sets of theater seats!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Julia,

    My DD wanted you to know it was HER idea, not her brother's to use the seats for a spaceship. [img]wink.gif[/img] We brainstormed & came up w/ a few more:

    planetarium seats
    bus seats (like Greyhound)
    waiting room seats (doctor, dentist, Ortho., airport, train station, bus station)
    swanky restaurant seats
    very upscale school chairs
    school auditorium seats for assemblies

    This is fun. Anybody else? I love the train & plane seat ideas the best. Someone asked on another thread if they thought the theater was necessary for the theater seats...not at all! I may ask DH to make a frame for a stage curtain & my mom to make some curtains so we can have our own movie theater (using a small t.v.) or stage for plays or talent shows. Notice I didn't say I'd be making it. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Julia,

    I immediately thought about train seats when I read your post.

    The seats really are GREAT and have lots of play value.

    I love all the ideas so far.

    Any more?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member craftycarol51's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2006
    Posts
    235
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You could put them in front of a TV and play a movie and pretend the dolls are at the movie theater. I know that's not as original as the train seats (I love that idea), but it doesn't exactly involve the AG stage.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, I'm trying to fall asleep last night and all I can think about is uses for the theatre seats! LOL

    How about...

    GOOD seats at a Baseball Game, Football Game, etc.

    Reserved seating at the Olympics or the Judge's Chairs

    The audience seats at a Spelling Bee (think Molly)

    I agree with trvnbrn's daughter Hannah. It would be GREAT to have more than one set of these! Uggghhhh!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 07, 2006 08:11 AM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wonderful ideas everyone!!!! I will have to show these to Cass when she is up!!
    I would love to get another set too. That would be great. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    School bus seats!!!
    Cass loves to play school.
    That would be fun and a great reason to get another set or two. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Broadway theatre seats.
    Concert seats ( could use the guitar set or Talent show items, ie. Sparkle keyboard etc)
    Orchestra seats (can use the violin set with this)
    This is fun!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 07, 2006 08:43 AM: Message edited by: cassieandnicolesmom ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •